I think we can all agree that the most important aspect of your website is the information you are conveying; whether your goal is to sell products or to provide support for a product or service, it’s vital to be prepared before you start to build or hire a web designer.
What does that entail and where to start?
- Know the goals of your website. Are you selling a product, gathering email addresses?
- Decide on how many pages and what they are to be called and titled using SEO best practices.
- Write a copy of all pages being sure to include your long-tailed keywords.
- Gather and clearly title all images using SEO best practices.
- Start thinking about page flow and how your users will navigate your site.
While you can certainly drop a content management system (CMS) on a server and build away, it pays off to be prepared, have a plan, and set goals.
If you are hiring a professional website designer, having this information ready will surely save you time/money.
I write short easy to digest articles on SEO and website performance. My goal is to help clients better understand what it is SEOs do.
Michael Winchester is a website designer and search engine ranking specialist in Southern California.
Michael Winchester Design | (562)283-5688